What should employees do during an earthquake?
Practice drop, cover, and hold-on in each safe place. Drop under a sturdy desk or table and hold on to one leg of the table or desk. Protect your eyes by keeping your head down. Practice these actions so that they become an automatic response.
What are 4 safety tips to survive and earthquake?
Remember earthquake survival tips to Drop, Cover, and Hold On.
- Drop to the ground. Grab your emergency kit.
- Cover. Get under your dining room table or desk.
- Hold On. Stay inside and in place until shaking stops.
What are the seven steps to earthquake safety?
Seven Steps to Earthquake Safety
- Step 1 – Identify Hazards in the Home:
- Step 2 – Create Your Disaster Plan.
- Step 3 – Create Disaster Supply Kits.
- Step 4 – Identify Your Home’s Potential Weaknesses.
- Step 5 – Drop, Cover, and Hold On.
- Step 6 – After the Shaking Stops Check for Damages and Injuries Needing Immediate Attention.
What are the rules and regulations in a safe workplace that must be followed by employees?
- Don’t fool around.
- Never work while under the influence of drugs or alcohol, as you are a hazard to yourself and your co-workers.
- Pay particular attention to moving objects, such as equipment, dollies, mixers, and slicers.
- Walk, do not run, in the work areas.
- Stay completely alert on the job.
What would you include in an earthquake safety kit?
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water (one gallon per person per day for several days, for drinking and sanitation)
- Food (at least a several-day supply of non-perishable food)
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert.
- First aid kit.
Do and don’ts in earthquake?
Stay away from glass, windows, outside doors and walls, and anything that could fall, (such as lighting fixtures or furniture). Stay in bed if you are there when the earthquake strikes. Hold on and protect your head with a pillow, unless you are under a heavy light fixture that could fall.
Which two precautions will you take during an earthquake?
When you’re outdoors, move to a clear area. Be away from signs, trees, electrical wires, buildings and poles. If you’ve been standing on a sidewalk near buildings, get under a doorway. It will protect you from plaster, glass, bricks and other debris.
What are three things you should not do during an earthquake?
What not to do in an earthquake
- Do not run outside. Do: Shelter in place using Drop, Cover and Hold On.
- Do not get in a doorway. Do: Shelter in place under a table. In modern houses and buildings, doorways are no safer, and they do not protect you from flying or falling objects.
- Do not make phone calls. Do: Text.