What is a convoluted plot?
Usually a plot becomes convoluted at one direct point. Usually it’s a point where multiple strings of the plot are all connected. If not done cleanly or clearly enough, that is when stuff becomes convoluted.
What is a convoluted argument?
1. : very complicated and difficult to understand. convoluted logic. a convoluted plot. The argument was so convoluted [=intricate, involved] that most people missed the point.
What does convoluted mean?
very complicated and difficult to understand
What does convoluted thinking mean?
What does convoluted thinking mean? Convoluted reasoning means unnecessarily tortuous logic. Teleological reasoning: People sometimes have conclusions or premises that (for one reason or another) they are very attached to, and then will go far out of their way to make arguments that protect those positions.
What are some survival stories?
Here are just a few of our favorites, and some of the lessons they can convey to us.
- SAS Jungle Survival.
- Hugh Glass.
- The Donner Party.
- Hiroo Onoda.
- Juliane Koepcke.
- SAS Desert Survival.
- Alive In The Andes.
- Steven Callahan. Adrift: Seventy-six Days Lost at Sea, By Steven Callahan Amazon.
Is convoluted a negative word?
Tips: Convoluted is almost always a negative way of describing something that is overly complicated or disorganized, when it should be much simpler.
What makes a good survival story?
Characters of survival stories are often brave, courageous, creative, and more importantly, strong-willed. Create characters who rely on their previous experiences, knowledge, and intuition to survive. They do not necessarily have to have some supernatural abilities or extensive skill sets.
What is the best synonym for convoluted?
other words for convoluted
What is an example of a conundrum?
1a : an intricate and difficult problem He is faced with the conundrum of trying to find a job without having experience. 2 : a riddle whose answer is or involves a pun (as in “Why didn’t the lost hikers starve in the desert? Because of the sand which is there.”)
What is a convoluted metaphor?
(noun) a figure of speech in which an expression is used to refer to something that it does not literally denote in order to suggest a similarity.
What is a conundrum person?
Among the learned at this time, conundrum was a pseudo-Latin word that was used to mean a silly, fussy person.
What’s another word for convoluted?
Convoluted Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for convoluted?
How do you simplify a story?
Here’s some that I’ve seen:
- Reduce the number of point of view characters, for first time authors I was told to use only one, but of course I didn’t follow that advice.
- Rewrite the story from the point of view of a narrator, removing other viewpoints.
- Cut subplots to a minimum.
How do you use convoluted in a sentence?
(1) His grammar explanations are terribly convoluted. (2) The argument is rather convoluted. (3) Her book is full of long convoluted sentences. (4) The story is convoluted and opaque, often to the point of total obscurity.
Is convoluted an adjective?
adjective. twisted; coiled. complicated; intricately involved: a convoluted way of describing a simple device.
What’s the opposite of convoluted?
Antonyms: simple, straight, uncoiled. Synonyms: involved, knotty, tortuous, convolute, tangled.
What does quagmire mean?
1 : soft miry land that shakes or yields under the foot. 2 : a difficult, precarious, or entrapping position : predicament.