What if a student is bad for a substitute?
You Got a Bad Sub Report. Now What?
- Write letters of apology.
- Don’t wait for an absence to lay out your expectations.
- But don’t feel like you had to give a disclaimer in order to give a consequence.
- Get the parents involved.
- Suss out the main perpetrators with student statements.
- Names matter!
- Focus on the positive.
What happens to a child when you yell at them?
Recent research points out that yelling makes children more aggressive, physically and verbally. Yelling in general, no matter what the context, is an expression of anger. It scares children and makes them feel insecure.
Why are substitute teachers disrespectful?
Students also don’t listen to subs because of the work the teacher provides. A different anonymous substitute said, “The teachers don’t necessarily trust the sub with teaching. They end up either not giving enough work or giving “busy” work for the students.
How do you deal with difficult students behavior?
Chapter 13. Dealing with Challenging Students
- Drop All Grudges.
- Limit Negative Faculty Room Talk.
- Open Parent Conferences with a Positive Statement.
- Tell the Student You Understand Her Feelings.
- Value the Student, Despite the Inappropriate Action.
- Keep the Class Moving.
- Unleash the Power of Appropriately High Expectations.
How do you motivate a stubborn child?
Motivating the Unmotivated Child
- Lack of Motivation is a Form of Resistance.
- All Kids are Motivated by Something.
- Kids Resist Because They Lack Problem-Solving Skills.
- Don’t Argue or Fight With Your Child About Motivation.
- Be Clear, Calm, and Give Consequences for Your Child’s Behavior.
- Give Effective Consequences.
How do you deal with a stubborn child at home?
Parenting the Strong Willed Child: 5 Discipline Strategies
- Use Positive Reinforcement. Photo source: Flickr.
- Pick Your Battles. Strong willed kids have strong opinions about everything – what to wear, what to eat, what to do – and you quickly learn that you can’t argue about everything.
- Walk the Walk.
- Give Choices.
- Drop the Rope.