What are the three types of bargaining?
There are three main classification of bargaining topics: mandatory, permissive, and illegal. Wages, health and safety, management rights, work conditions, and benefits fall into the mandatory category. Permissive topics are those that are not required but may be brought up during the process.
What are the 5 stages of negotiation?
Negotiation Stages Introduction
- There are five collaborative stages of the negotiation process: Prepare, Information Exchange, Bargain, Conclude, Execute.
- There is no shortcut to negotiation preparation.
- Building trust in negotiations is key.
- Communication skills are critical during bargaining.
What are the steps of interest based bargaining?
Procedures for Interest-Based Bargaining
- Initial Preparations.
- Preparing with Constituents.
- Opening Statements.
- List of Standards.
- Identifying the Issues.
- Identifying the Interests on Each Issue.
- Developing a List of Options for Each Issue.
- Identifying the Acceptable Option.
What is interest based bargaining based upon?
Interest based, or mutual gains bargaining at its foundation is based on the principle that a negotiated settlement of any issue is usually superior to other alternatives available.
What are the types of bargaining?
What are the types of collective bargaining?
- Distributive Bargaining.
- Integrative Bargaining.
- Productivity Bargaining.
- Composite Bargaining.
- Concessionary Bargaining.
What are the 7 rules of negotiation?
Terms in this set (7)
- Rule #1. Always tell the truth.
- Rule #2. Use Cash when making purchases.
- Rule #3. Use walk-away power. Don’t get emotionally attached to the item.
- Rule #4. Shut up.
- Rule #5. Use the phrase: “That isn’t good enough”
- Rule #6. Go to the authority.
- Rule #7. Use the “If I were to” technique. “
What are the 4 most important elements of negotiation?
Another view of negotiation comprises 4 elements:
- Tools, and.
What is interest based process?
Collaborative Practice and Mediation are interest based processes. Interest based negotiation is a problem solving approach to conflict that focuses on needs, desires, concerns and fears rather than positions. A position is what we want (or think we want). An interest is the why beneath the position.
What are the benefits to interest based negotiation?
It is a collaborative process and therefore the parties actually end up helping each other. This prevents ongoing ill will after the negotiation concludes. Instead, interest-based bargaining facilitates constructive, positive relationships between previous adversaries.
What is meant by interest based negotiation bargaining?
Interest based negotiation is a problem solving approach to conflict that focuses on needs, desires, concerns and fears rather than positions. A position is what we want (or think we want). An interest is the why beneath the position.
What is the bargaining process?
How does collective bargaining work? Collective bargaining is a process through which the employee union and employer representatives exchange ideas, mutually solve problems, and reach a written agreement. The resulting approved contract binds both groups.