What are the career opportunities in cyber security?
Roles as a Cybersecurity Professional
- Security Architect. The Security Architect takes care of planning, implementing, and testing security systems.
- Security Consultant.
- Penetration Tester.
- Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)
- Security Analyst.
- Security Engineer.
Is there a future in cyber security?
With cyberattacks growing in frequency year-on-year, companies are having to spend more than ever on protecting themselves. Current projections suggest that the global cybersecurity market will be worth around $42 billion in 2020 alone. However, there’s only so much that paid-for software can do to protect businesses.
What is the highest paying cyber security jobs?
To begin, here are the top cybersecurity job titles and their average salaries, according to CyberSeek:
- Cybersecurity Engineer $99,000.
- Cybersecurity Analyst $96,000.
- Cybersecurity Consultant $91,000.
- Cybersecurity Manager/Administrator $103,000.
- Systems Engineer $99,000.
- Network Engineer/Architect $112,690*
What is the hardest cyber security certification?
The 7 hardest cybersecurity certifications:
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Licensed Penetration Tester (Master)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- Computer Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI)
What qualifications do I need for cybersecurity?
If you’re interested in a cyber security career, one of the following degree subjects will help you along the career path:
- Cyber security.
- Computer science.
- Forensic computing.
- Network engineering.
- Networks and security.
- Mathematics, physics or other STEM subjects.
Is cyber security in high demand?
According to The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Information Security Analyst’s Outlook, cybersecurity jobs are among the fastest-growing career areas nationally. The BLS predicts cybersecurity jobs will grow 31% through 2029, over seven times faster than the national average job growth of 4%.
Can I learn cyber security?
There are many cyber security learning systems available online, including O’Reilly’s Safari, Cybrary and Pluralsight. Udemy has a number of courses, and your local library should have quite a few books available.
Where can I learn cyber security for free?
- Introduction to IT and Cybersecurity. Offered by Cybrary IT.
- Mobile App Security. Offered by Cybrary IT.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity.
- Building a Cybersecurity Toolkit.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity for Business.
- Computer Systems Security.
- Fundamentals of Cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity for Beginners.
How long is cyber security training?
Can you get an IT job with just certifications?
If not having a degree has held you back from pursuing a career in technology, you should know that most tech positions simply require proof that you can do the job, through certifications and prior experience. Hiring managers don’t weed out potential job candidates because they don’t have undergraduate degrees.