How do you read notes?
- Write notes in your own words instead of copying down information from the book.
- Avoid over-highlighting.
- Wait until the end of a page to take notes so that you can better focus on what you are reading and so that you can try to summarize in your own words rather than copy.
How do you organize your research notes?
Organize your Notes After you take notes, re-read them. Then re-organize them by putting similar information together. Working with your notes involves re-grouping them by topic instead of by source. Re-group your notes by re-shuffling your index cards or by color-coding or using symbols to code notes in a notebook.
Why is it important to write in your own words?
Another reason to ensure you use your own words is to avoid the possibility of plagiarism. Plagiarism means trying to pass off someone else’s ideas or work as your own. On the positive side, demonstrating your understanding by writing in your own words is likely to lead to higher marks.
How do you organize literature review notes?
7 Strategies for Organizing Your Research
- Assemble printed sources and interact with them.
- Consider other methods of gathering data.
- Choose a system for keeping notes.
- Use your sources to generate ideas.
- Organize your ideas.
- Write your paper.
- Evaluate your argument.
What qualities are required for note taking?
Concentrate on the key points, remain alert and attentive and listen to what is being said. Write in your own style and use your own words, you don’t need to worry too much about spelling, grammar, punctuation or neatness as long as you can read your notes later and they make sense to you.
What are the examples of linear method of note taking?
A series of headings and sub-headings (topics and sub-topics) is the basis of this method. Heading and sub-headings can be differentiated by indentation, dashes, or bullet points.
How do you effectively review notes?
How to Review Effectively
- Review Your Information Immediately. Spend a few minutes reviewing new information as soon as you’ve learned it.
- Schedule Further Reviews.
- Test Yourself.
- Rewrite Your Notes.
- Teach Someone Else.
- Put Your Learning Into Action.
- Know When to Take a Break.
What are the different types of outlines?
There are two main styles of outline: sentence outlines and topic outlines.
- A sample topic outline application: An outline of human knowledge.
- Bare outlines.
- Alphanumeric outline.
- Decimal outline.
- Reverse outline.
- Integrated outline.
What are linear notes?
Linear notes are typically chronological outlines of a lecture or a text. Linear note taking is quite a common means of taking notes, however, the potential to just transcribe everything that is being said or on the presentation slide is quite high.
What is the advantage of the outline method of note taking?
The advantage of the outline method is that it allows you to prioritize the material. Key ideas are written to the left of the page, subordinate ideas are then indented, and details of the subordinate ideas can be indented further.