How do you make a PDM vault?
From the Windows Start menu, click SOLIDWORKS PDM > Administration to open the Administration tool. If the archive server you want to work with is not listed, add it as described in Adding an Archive Server. In the left pane, right-click the archive server in which to create the vault, then select Create new vault.
How do I install SOLIDWORKS Workgroup PDM Vault Admin?
In Windows, click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager > Check for Updates . In the Newer Versions Available dialog box, select Download and install a new version, select the version to install, and then click Next. The new version of SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager downloads and runs.
What is Workgroup PDM?
SolidWorkS Workgroup PdM is a production-proven product data management solution that is uniquely suited to the requirements of SolidWorkS engineering workgroups. Easy to set up and use, SolidWorkS Workgroup PdM allows your design team to control CAd file revisions and manage all project data more efficiently.
How do I add a vault to PDM in SOLIDWORKS?
Creating a Vault View
- On the Windows Start menu, click All Programs > SOLIDWORKS PDM > View Setup .
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- On the Select servers screen, select archive servers from the list and click Next .
- On the Select vaults screen, select vaults from the list, and click Next.
How do I start PDM in Solidworks?
There are 5 main steps to fully set up a PDM client machine:
- Install the PDM client or modify SOLIDWORKS to add in the PDM client.
- Create a local view to see vault files on your local machine.
- Configure local view display settings.
- Map the SOLIDWORKS file locations to the vault.
What is Solidworks PDM client?
SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional is an all-inclusive application that utilizes Microsoft SQL Server Standard to provide high performance and scalability, and is included along with integrations to various authoring applications, including third-party CAD applications and Microsoft Office. Buy now.
What is Solidworks Explorer Workgroup PDM?
The Workgroup PDM application is project data management software that runs inside the SOLIDWORKS® environment or as a standalone application inside SOLIDWORKS Explorer. Workgroup PDM controls projects with procedures for check out, check in, revision control, and other administration tasks.
What does Solidworks PDM do?
SOLIDWORKS PDM enables your teams to securely store and index design data for fast retrieval, eliminate concerns over version control and data loss, and collaborate on designs in multiple locations.
How long does solidworks 2021 take to install?
30 minutes to 1 hour
The install process can take 30 minutes to 1 hour. Once the install is complete, SOLIDWORKS is ready for use.
Is Solidworks PDM included in professional?
SOLIDWORKS PDM Standard is included with SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium packages and can be upgraded to SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional as your team grows.
What is a PDM vault?
SOLIDWORKS PDM vaults store the files and information about items and files (metadata) managed by SOLIDWORKS PDM. The vault view is connected to: The archive server, which stores the physical files in a vault archive. The vault database, which stores information about files, items, and activities in the vault.
How do I enable PDM in Solidworks?
Activating the SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-in
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Add-ins and verify that SOLIDWORKS PDM is selected.
- Click the SOLIDWORKS PDM icon to open the Task Pane.
- In SOLIDWORKS, open or create a part, drawing, or assembly to view SOLIDWORKS PDM information for the file in the Task Pane.