How do we use as as?
We use as + adjective/adverb + as to make comparisons when the things we are comparing are equal in some way: The world’s biggest bull is as big as a small elephant.
How do you use as in a sentence?
As sentence example
- She’s as perfect as she can be.
- Her face warmed as she thought of it.
- As she left the kitchen, his voice followed her.
- For a few minutes they held on to each other, kissing as if they hadn’t seen each other in a week.
- He pulled away from her, propping up on an elbow as he studied her face.
How do you say two things are similar?
How do you use like or as?
The confusion in using like or as is caused by a lack of understanding of the words’ roles. In formal writing, like is used as a preposition, telling where, when or how the noun in the sentence is doing whatever it may be doing. As is used as a conjunction, joining two clauses.
How do you use comparing in a sentence?
Comparing sentence example
- Bordeaux wasn’t like her father, and it wasn’t fair to keep comparing them.
- She powered it up and began comparing her notes with the cases cited in the article.
- Even his hands were muscular, and she couldn’t help comparing his light touch to Talon’s brutal grip.
How do you use not as?
not as (adjective) as
- Running is not as fast as biking. = Biking is faster than running.
- Canada is not as hot as Ecuador. = Ecuador is hotter than Canada.
- Helen is not as friendly as her husband.
- Movies are not as interesting as books.
- Playing video games is not as good as exercising.
What is similar and opposite?
Show Definitions. Similar adjective – Having qualities in common. Opposite is an antonym for similar in topics: alike, very much alike. Nearby Words: similarity, similarly, similitude, simile. Antonyms for Similar.