How do I reset my AO Smith electric water heater?
How to Reset Your A.O Smith Water Heater
- Go to the electrical panel for your home which is located in the garage or on the exterior walls of the house.
- Head to your hot water tank.
- Press the reset button.
- Return to the electrical panel to flip the breaker switch to the on position.
Why is my electric water heater not working?
No Power or Gas If an electric water heater is not producing hot water, it could be a simple problem like a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker. Additionally, some electric water heaters have a circuit-style safety switch located near or on the thermostat.
Why won’t my AO Smith water heater turn on?
If the pilot does not light, the water heater will not heat. Sometimes, carbon deposits can build up on the pilot and eventually create a restriction. If the pilot is restricted, try removing it and clearing it with a stiff brush and/or compressed air. If the pilot cannot be cleaned, replace it.
Is there a reset button on an electric hot water heater?
Somewhere on your electric water heater, you’ll find a reset button. It’s usually red and often located near the thermostat. It may also be hidden behind a removable metal panel on the unit—and then behind some insulation. Once you find the button, push and release it.
Does an electric water heater have a fuse?
The heater is usually fused in the main electrical panel but some electric water heaters may be fed from a separate fuse or circuit breaker box. If the fuse is blown or breaker is tripped, replace the fuse or re-set the circuit breaker.
Where is the reset button on a AO Smith water heater?
The reset button: a red button located on the water heater itself (just above the thermostat) that trips when the water temperature exceeds 180 F. The reset button is sometimes referred to as the “ECO” (emergency cut off) or “high limit switch”.
What causes a water heater to need to be reset?
When the reset button on a water heater thermostat keeps tripping, the metal casing of the heating element may have cracks. This exposes live wires to water, which causes a short in the system. When there’s a short, power will keep flowing to the heating element.
How to drain an AO Smith electric water heater?
– Turn the Water Heater Off. – Turn the Cold Water Valve Off. – Let the water cool. – Attach a drain or garden hose to the drain valve on the side of the tank. – Place the end of the hose in a bucket or drain. – Turn on a faucet (or two) – Start draining the tank by turning on the drain valve.
Is a tankless electric water heater worth it?
Rewiring your house can easily add as much as $5,000 to the cost of installing a tankless water heater. Tankless models save space, offer longer warranties. Many homeowners, however, see benefits of a tankless water heater beyond energy savings. These heaters also save space with a compact design, last longer and are better for the environment because a rusty tank doesn’t end up in the landfill.
Should you buy an electric or gas water heater?
• Gas-fired tankless water heaters can waste energy if they have a constantly burning pilot light. That quickly negates any thoughts of energy savings. • A person living alone and using less water will see smaller savings. Families and those with high water needs will benefit the most.
Should I replace my water heater with a tankless heater?
Efficient. In addition to providing hot water whenever you want it,tankless water heaters are also much more efficient to use.