How do I open CAM files in Altium?
To do so, select File » New » CAM Document from the main menu. Next, select File » Import » Quick Load to open the File Import – Quick Load dialog. Once the files have been imported, the Steps Table dialog will open.
How do I export from Gerber Altium?
How to export gerber files from Altium designer
- Open your . PCB design files on Altium designer software, check the integrity of the files.
- Find the menu “File”, select to Fabrication Outputs option. Then left-click the Gerber Files.
- The “Gerber Setup” page will be occur.
- Don’t forget to export the drill file.
How do I export from Altium?
- Click on an *. OutJob file in the Projects panel.
- Click [Add New Export Output] under Export Outputs.
- Choose Export STEP » [PCB Document].
- Double-click the resulting Export STEP entry in the Export Outputs region.
How do I create a Gerber file in Altium?
Generating Gerber file
- Open your .PCB design files on Altium designer software. Select File -> Fabrication Outputs -> Gerber Files.
- General Setting. In the General Setting set the precision to 2:5 (0.01 mill resolution)
- Layers Setting.
- Aperture Setting.
- Advanced Setting.
How do I open a Pcbdoc file?
How to open file with PCBDOC extension?
- Download and install Altium Designer.
- Check the version of Altium Designer and update if needed.
- Set the default application to open PCBDOC files to Altium Designer.
- Verify that the PCBDOC is not faulty.
Can Altium open ODB ++ files?
Altium ODB++ File Generation Open your design in Altium and navigate to the PCB view. To open the ODB++ export window click File -> Fabrication Outputs -> ODB++ Files. Selecting ODB++ from the fabrication output menu will bring up the following window showing the output options.
What is a camtastic file?
The CAMtastic (CAM) panel provides quick access to the list of layers that are available in the current CAM document and also enables you to view design-related information arising from commands including object querying, netlist extraction, and Design Rule Checking (DRC).
How do I export ODB ++ from Altium?
Open your design in Altium and navigate to the PCB view. To open the ODB++ export window click File -> Fabrication Outputs -> ODB++ Files. Selecting ODB++ from the fabrication output menu will bring up the following window showing the output options.
How do I export Gerber?
To create a new export option for Gerber X2 files, right-click in the ‘Fabrication Outputs’ area and select the Gerber X2 entry. Use an OutJob file to generate Gerber files.
How do I save an Altium file as a PNG?
You can simply select the required items in the schematic editor of Altium Designer and use copy to put a screenshot to the clipboard. After that you can use any tool like Paint, Word or whatever to save the screenshot as png or jpg file.
How do I create a DXF file in Altium?
The dialog is accessed from the schematic editor by selecting File » Export » DXF/DWG from the main menus. From the resulting file browser, choose a location in which to save the exported file then click Save.
How to load Gerber files in Altium Cam viewer?
Gerber Files are automatically loaded in the Altium cam viewer. This tool allows you to verify that all layers have been generated correctly and that they are all in positive mode. 1. Generate the Drilling layer in Excellon format. 2. Set the precision to 2:4. Then click OK.
How do I generate the ipc-356-a output from Altium Designer?
If you need to generate the IPC netlist from Altium Designer, you can find this in the File ► Fabrication Outputs ► Testpoint Report. Modify the options for this report and enable the IPC-356-A output.
Can the parameter part number be used in Altium Designer?
For example, the parameter PartNumber can be used, however, the parameter Part Number can not. Special Strings is the term used in Altium Designer to define interpreted strings. Most of these strings can be interpreted on screen by placing a text string with a value of =SpecialStringName, for example =CurrentDate.
How do I import N/C drill files into the cam?
In the CAM document, import your N/C Drill files using: File ► Import Drill. Note: An NC Drill files for each drill hole range needs to be loaded and configured. It will be necessary to ensure that the hole ranges are defined properly if you have blind and buried hole ranges using Tables ► Layer Sets 5.