How do I get my Mac to recognize my iPod?
Press and hold the Option key, then choose System Information from the Apple menu . From the list on the left, select USB. If you see your iPhone, iPad, or iPod under USB Device Tree, get the latest macOS or install the latest updates. If you don’t see your device or still need help, contact Apple Support.
How do I connect my old iPod to my Mac?
Set up syncing between your Mac and iPod touch
- Connect iPod touch and your computer with a cable.
- In the Finder sidebar on your Mac, select your iPod touch.
- At the top of the window, click the type of content you want to sync (for example, Movies or Books).
- Select “Sync [content type] onto [device name].”
Can you still sync old ipods?
Answer: A: Answer: A: If you use the Sync Music setting (automatic syncing), you cannot sync an iPod to a “second” iTunes library. By definition, iTunes can only keep your iPod “synchronized” with ONE iTunes library at a time.
How do I transfer my iPod to a new computer?
Click File Sharing, select an app in the list, then do one of the following: Transfer a file from your iPod touch to your computer: Select the file you want to transfer in the list on the right, click “Save to,” select where you want to save the file, then click Save To.
How do I transfer music from iPod to Mac without software?
What to Know
- Go to iTunes > Preferences > Devices. Check Prevent iPods and iPhones from syncing automatically.
- Plug in the iPod, click Quit. Open Terminal and type defaults write com.
- Open the iPod Music folder and drag music files to a desktop folder. Disconnect the iPod, then move music into the iTunes Library.
How do I manually sync my iPod with iTunes?
To sync to your iPodgo to iTunes>Help>iTunes Help>Sync your iPod….> Sync You Device>Set up Syncing>Sync your device manually and follow the instructions.
Can I transfer music from old iPod to iTunes?
You cannot download music from an iPod (or iPhone or iPad) into iTunes or Music. So if you connect an iPod to your computer, the music on the device will be overwritten with what’s in your iTunes or Music library.
How do I reset an iPod to factory settings?
Wipe all content and settings from iPod touch
- Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPod touch.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How do I transfer music from my old Mac to my new Mac?
How to Transfer iTunes Library to New Mac via External Hard Drive or USB Drive
- Find iTunes Media Folder Location.
- Organize Library as Consolidate Files.
- Drag iTunes Library Folder to New Mac.
- Choose an Existing iTunes Library on New Mac.
- Connect iPhone with AnyTrans Mac Version.
- Select Files in iTunes Library and Send to Mac.
How do I force my iPod to sync?
All replies. To sync to your iPodgo to iTunes>Help>iTunes Help>Sync your iPod….> Sync You Device>Set up Syncing>Sync your device manually and follow the instructions.
Why can’t I get my iPod to sync?
Make sure the iTunes you are using is updated to the latest (22.214.171.124) version. Then log in with the same Apple ID with iPod, “Authorize This Computer”, check whether the Sync Music option is turned on. If it is already on, you can also turned it off and on again. Four options in iTunes for music syncing.
How do I transfer Music from iPod to Mac without software?