How do I configure port mirroring?
Enable port mirroring on your switch
- In Dashboard, navigate to Switch > Monitor > Switch ports.
- Select one or more ports to be mirrored.
- Click Mirror:
- Specify the destination mirror port, which will be used to capture traffic on the source ports.
- Click Create port mirror:
How do I enable ports in Juniper switch?
Enable/Disable Interface in Juniper
- [email protected]# set interfaces ge-0/0/1.0 disable << This is cisco equivalent of “shutdown” – To Juniper enable interface:
- [email protected]# delete interfaces ge-0/0/1.0 disable << This is cisco equivalent of “no shutdown” Verification:
- [email protected]#show ge-0/0/1.0.
How do I enable port mirroring on a switch?
Click Add Port Mirror for each port mirror that you want to configure. Select a Monitor Port from the available list. Select a Mirroring port from the available list. A copy of the network packets sent to this port will also be sent to the monitor port.
How do I know if port mirroring is working?
It can be checked in a simple way by below steps:
- In “Network Connections”, check the “status” of the monitoring adapter:
- Upon successful mirroring, the “Received” packets number shall be much larger than the “Sent” packets. Figure 2.
What is mirror configuration?
Mirroring and Remote Mirroring Configuration Mirroring is a feature for switched port analyzer. The administrator can use the Mirroring to debug network problems. The selected traffic can be mirrored or copied on a destination port where a network analyzer can be attached to analyze the network traffic.
How do I enter Juniper configuration mode?
To switch between operational mode and configuration mode:
- When you log in to the device and type the cli command and press Enter, you are automatically in operational mode:
- To enter configuration mode, type the configure command or the edit command in CLI operational mode.
How do I check the port settings on a Juniper switch?
To display the current configuration for a Juniper Networks device, use the show command in configuration mode. This command displays the configuration at the current hierarchy level or at the specified level.
Is port mirroring same as port forwarding?
Thus, port mapping is a process of data forwarding, while port mirroring is a process of data copying.
What is port mirroring and port forwarding?
Port mirroring is a method of copying and sending network packets transmitted as input from a port to another port of a monitoring computer/switch/device. It is a network monitoring technique implemented on network switches and similar devices.
What is candidate configuration in Juniper?
The candidate configuration enables you to make configuration changes without causing operational changes to the active configuration or causing potential damage to your current network operations. After you commit the changes you made to the candidate configuration, the system updates the active configuration.
What is the difference between the active configuration and the candidate configuration?
The active configuration corresponds to rollback number 0. When you compare the candidate configuration to the active configuration, the compare operation returns XML output. For all other comparisons, it returns the output as text using a patch format.
What is port mirroring on a juniper switch?
Port mirroring enables you to analyze traffic on your Juniper Networks EX Series switch on a packet level. You might use port mirroring when monitoring switch traffic for such purposes as enforcing policies concerning network usage and file sharing.
How do I use port mirroring with ExEx series switches?
EX Series switches allow you to configure port mirroring to send copies of packets to either a local interface for local monitoring or to a VLAN for remote monitoring. You can use port mirroring to copy these packets:
How to Mirror Traffic across the ex8200 Virtual Chassis?
In an EX8200 Virtual Chassis, if you need to mirror traffic across the virtual chassis, then the output port must be a LAG. You can configure a LAG as a monitor port only for native analyzers.
Which packets can I use port mirroring to copy?
You can use port mirroring to copy these packets: Packets entering a VLAN on EX2200, EX3200, EX3300, EX4200, EX4500, EX4550, or EX6200 switches