Does the DMV take walk-ins for driving test Tennessee?
There are no walk-ins. Save time and make a road test appointment online. Next, make sure you have the current registration and insurance for the vehicle you’ll be using for your test.
Can you take drivers license test online in Tennessee?
e-Services. The e-Services portal allows customers to renew or duplicate a license, change an address, take practice tests & more online through your mobile device or computer.
Where do I go to get my license in Tennessee?
New residents will need to go to any of our full-service driver service centers that are located throughout the state. New residents holding a valid learner’s permit from another state must meet separate requirements to obtain a Tennessee learner permit or driver license.
Do I have to make an appointment for the DMV in TN?
DMV Tennessee is adding more and more online services so you can get things done without having to visit a physical office for an appointment. You can renew your vehicle registration, replace your license and more online. Here are some of the services you will be able to perform at DMV Tennessee online appointments.
What do I need to bring to my road test in TN?
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Presence.
- Proof of any name changes if different than name on Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Presence. Ex.
- Two Proofs of Tennessee Residency with your name and resident address – NO P.O.
- Proof of full Social Security Number.
Do you have to take a written test to get your license in Tennessee?
You must be 15 and must pass the written knowledge exam and vision screening (see below on where to go for that). You can drive only when accompanied by a licensed driver over age 21 (who is riding in the front seat).
What is needed for new TN drivers license?
There are three types of documents you will need: proof of citizenship or legal presence, proof of Social Security number and proof of Tennessee residence. Each of the three aforementioned categories has specific documents you can use.
How do I get a new driver’s license in Tennessee?
You may also obtain a replacement by applying in person at any driver service center. If your temporary license or certificate for driving is lost, stolen or destroyed, you may obtain a duplicate temporary license or certificate for driving by making application only in person at any driver service center.
What do I need to take to the DMV to get my license?
What do I bring to the DMV for my license?
- Proof of Identification.
- Proof of Social Security Number.
- Proof of Residential Address.
- Non-US Citizens must present proof of legal presence.
- Parental Consent Form – You’ll only need this form if you’re a teen under 18 years old.
How do I schedule my drivers test in Tennessee?
To make an appointment for a non-commercial road skills test, please click Online Driver Services or contact our Call Center at 866-849-3548, Monday through Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm CST.
Do you have to parallel park in a driving test in TN?
Do you have to parallel park in the Tennessee driving test? No, parallel parking is not on the road test in Tennessee.
How do I pass my road test in Tennessee?
Tennessee Road Test Requirements
- Get a learner’s permit. If you’re under 18, you’ll be required to get a permit before you’re allowed to take the road exam.
- Schedule your road test. There is no option to walk-in for the exam.
- Find a test vehicle.
- Practice early and often.
- Bring necessary documents.