Can you have 2 Table of Contents in Word?
Word allows you to include multiple tables of contents in a single document. Thus, you can have a table of contents for each chapter of a book, even if all the chapters are in the same document. The easiest way to create multiple tables of contents is to use styles.
How do I split table of contents in Word?
Split a table
- Put your cursor on the row that you want as the first row of your second table. In the example table, it’s on the third row.
- On the LAYOUT tab, in the Merge group, click Split Table. The table splits into two tables.
Can a table of contents be 2 pages?
If you have a lot of headings in your text, you may not be able to include them all—your table of contents should not be more than two pages long in total.
How do you fix overlapping tables in Word?
Assuming that the tables are to be displayed underneath one another the steps are:
- Right-click in the first table and select Table Properties from the Context menu.
- Make sure the Table tab is displayed.
- In the Text Wrapping section choose Around.
- Click the Positioning button.
How do you split a table?
How to Split a Table in Word
- Start Word and open the document containing the table you would like to split.
- Click the cursor in the first cell of the row in which you want to begin the second table.
- Click the “Layout” tab under the yellow “Table Tools” tab.
- Click the “Split Table” button on the ribbon.
How do you stop a table overlapping?
How do I fix overlapping typing?
Press the “Ins” key to toggle overtype mode off. Depending on your keyboard model, this key may also be labeled “Insert.” If you simply want to disable overtype mode but keep the ability to toggle it back on, you are done.
How do you join two tables in Word?
Combine multiple tables into one by dragging
- Click at anywhere of the table you want to drag, then the cross sign will be appeared.
- Then click on this cross sign to select the whole table, and drag it to place near the table you want to join to.
- Release the cursor, now the table has been joined to the above one.