What is a job specification sheet?
A job specification lists the qualifications required for a role and is typically listed below a job description on a job posting. It lets job candidates know what employers are looking for and what expectations they’ll need to meet. This includes minimum education experience and skill requirements.
What is included in a person specification?
Purpose. The person specification is a description of the qualifications, skills, experience, knowledge and other attributes (selection criteria) which a candidate must possess to perform the job duties.
What is a person specification example?
Examples might include: punctual; good team worker; proactive; flexible approach to change; customer-focussed; attention to detail; professional approach; enthusiasm for [aspects of role].
What are the examples of job specification?
- Excellent listening skills.
- A willingness to problem solve.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Resilience – being able to handle complaints from customers.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Be self-driven & pro-active.
What is the difference between job descriptions and job specifications?
A job description is a document that states an overview of the duties, responsibilities, and functions of a specific job in an organisation. A job specification is a statement of the qualifications, personality traits, skills, etc.
How do you answer job specification?
Keep sentences or bullet points concise, avoid repetition, take out anything that doesn’t show you meet the person specification. Ask a friend or family member to read it through to check they recognise this as being about you. You may be able to adjust the style to make sure it reflects your personality.
What is an employee specification?
“Employee specifications” is another term for the process. The purpose of it is to: Help job candidates understand whether they’re eligible to apply. Enable your recruitment team to understand the qualifications and characteristics a candidate should possess.
What should be included in an applicant information pack?
Job description and person specification. Terms and conditions. Application form (available as a separate document). Recruitment and selection process at Think Ahead – guidance notes for completing the form.
How do you make a person specification?
A person specification should include:
- The technical, organisational, communicative, and creative skills and abilities you expect from an ideal candidate.
- Any specific qualifications or education required for the role.
- The level of experience needed in either similar organisations or equivalent roles.
How do you write job specification in detail?
A job specification should include:
- The job title the position in the company, including their line manager and any other members of staff reporting to them.
- The location of the job.
- A summary of the general nature, main purpose, and objectives of the job.
- A list of the main duties or tasks of the employee.
How do I write a job specification?
What should you include?
- the location of the job.
- a summary of the general nature, main purpose and objectives of the job.
- a list of the main duties or tasks of the employee.
- which skills/qualifications are essential and which are desirable.
- any equipment or software requirements, eg “knowledge of Raiser’s Edge”