What information goes after a quote in MLA?
Short quotations Provide the author and specific page number (in the case of verse, provide line numbers) in the in-text citation, and include a complete reference on the Works Cited page. Punctuation marks such as periods, commas, and semicolons should appear after the parenthetical citation.
How do you insert them in your document?
To insert a special character: From the Insert tab, click Symbol. Click More Symbols. Select the Special Characters tab. Choose the character you want to insert, and select Insert.
What goes in an MLA header?
While a heading is only found on the first page of your MLA paper, an MLA header is included throughout the entire work. An MLA header includes your last name and page number without punctuation or styling elements. The MLA headers work to keep all your pages organized.
How do you insert special characters?
Inserting Special Characters
- Place the insertion point where the special character will be inserted.
- From the Insert command tab, in the Symbols group, click SYMBOL » select More Symbols…
- Select the Special Characters tab.
- From the Character scroll box, select the desired character.
- Click INSERT.
How can you move a table in a document?
To move a table around your Microsoft Word document, all you have to do is drag and drop it. When you hover your mouse over any part of the table, a four way handle inside a small box is displayed at the top left corner of the table. You can click and drag on this handle to move the table around your document.
What are special characters How do you insert them in a document?
Special characters like em dashes or section marks (§)
- Click or tap where you want to insert the special character.
- Go to Insert > Symbol > More Symbols.
- Go to Special Characters.
- Double-click the character that you want to insert.
- Select Close.