What GRE score do I need for occupational therapy?
The average GPA for admitted OT students is around 3.5-3.8 for most programs that I researched for this post. Minimum combined scores for the GRE are usually around 290, broken out as 150 for verbal and 140 for quantitative.
How do I prepare for OT grad school?
7 Tips To Survive Occupational Therapy School
- Limit Distractions In Class.
- Get a Flexible Part-Time Job.
- Stay Organized.
- Make Friends!
- Accept Making Mistakes.
- Embrace Working With Others.
- Don’t Forget to Have Fun!
Is occupational therapy worth the loans?
The financial answer is yes but there is a significant price to pay. For most occupational therapists, they’ll have to deal with student loans for 10 to 20 years. They won’t necessarily be able to celebrate and enjoy that higher income until their loans are dealt with.
Is it hard to become a OT?
Aspiring OTs have a lot to look forward to, careers in OT may be difficult to kick start but once you have the education certification (Master’s/Doctorate) and job experience required, finding well-paying employment will not be a difficulty.
What percentile is a 148 on the GRE?
A 148 on Verbal is a 39th-percentile score, but a 153—only a 5-point boost—gets you all the way up to the 61st GRE percentile!
Can you work while in OT school?
While working in OT school can be challenging for many, most OT students are able to pick up part-time hours with the variety of flexible options available.
What do you believe will be the most challenging aspect of OT graduate school?
The Hardest Courses are Usually at the Start In my experience, and in many OT graduate programs, the most challenging classes are front-loaded in the beginning of the programs. For many students (myself included), gross anatomy, neuroscience/neuroanatomy, and kinesiology are typically the hardest of the classes.
How can an ot make 6 figures?
5 Surprisingly Easy Ways To Make Extra Money After OT School
- Work Multiple PRN Jobs Instead of One Full-time Position. This has been the best choice I made after OT school.
- Rent Out a Room on Airbnb. A lot of people I know think this is a crazy idea.
- Build Niche Websites.
- Find a Product to Sell an Amazon.
What are the disadvantages of being an occupational therapist?
Few disadvantages are associated with being employed as an occupational therapist….Challenges of Being an Occupational Therapist
- The Medical Field is Emotionally Stressful.
- Occupational Therapy is a Physically Demanding Job.
- Institutional Barriers May Prevent Desired Results.
- Long Work Hours Are Common.
Is it hard to get into occupational therapy programs?
The answer is yes, it is hard to get into programs. The few exceptions are private schools which cost a lot more than a state university so there is less competition due to less people trying to get in. The question you should be asking yourself though, is, do I want to be an Occupational Therapist?
What skills are needed to become an occupational therapist?
How to obtain your Occupational Therapy degree?
Graduated from an accredited occupational therapy program
What are the educational requirements for Occupational Therapy?
– Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences: General – Doctor of Philosophy in Health Sciences: Exercise and Sport Science – MA: Medical Sciences: Molecular Medicine – MS: Exercise Science and Wellness: Fitness and Performance – MS: Healthcare Administration: Project Management – View more