What does VSOP on cognac mean?
Very Superior Old Pale
VSOP stands for “Very Superior Old Pale”: VSOP cognacs are created from eaux-de-vie aged for at least four years. The VSOP category includes designations such as “Old” or “Reserve”. XO stands for “Extra Old”: XO cognacs are made only from eaux-de-vie at least six years old.
What is considered the best cognac in the world?
Best Cognac Brands
- Hennessy. Hennessy is perhaps the most recognizable cognac brand globally.
- Hine. Approaching its 160th birthday is Maison Hine, a cognac producer that has been around since 1763.
- Rémy Martin.
- Pierre Ferrand.
How much does a bottle of VSOP cost?
Common Rémy Martin Brandy Prices
|Rémy Martin VSOP||375ml||$19.99 – $21.99|
|750ml||$36.99 – $40.99|
|1L||$49.99 – $55.99|
|1.75L||$89.99 – $99.99|
Is VSOP cognac better than VS?
Younger Cognacs lack the depth of flavor that older Cognacs have. Therefore, they are the perfect choice for mixed drinks. For cocktails, we advise that you choose a Very Superior (VS) or Very Superior Old Pale (VSOP) Cognac and save those pricey XO and Hors d’Age Spirits for sipping.
Which cognac is better VS or VSOP?
Younger cognacs, such as a VS, tend to have a fresher, livelier aromas of fruit, where as older eaux-de-vie such as VSOPs tend to be smoother, with clear notes of oak and spices. There are some very good VSOPs on the market, many of which are delicious drunk neat.
Which country has the best cognac?
Hailing from their namesake region in Southwest France, the world’s best cognacs deliver quality and character in equal measure. Behind a number of these premium expressions are the best cognac houses, most of whom have been around for ages.
Which is the most expensive cognac?
The 5 Most Expensive Cognac Bottles of All Time
- Croizet Cognac Cuvée Léonie 1858 – $156,760.
- Cognac Brugerolle 1795 – $149,943.
- Gautier Cognac 1762 – $144,525.
- Remy Martin Louis XIII L’Odyssee D’un Roi Cognac – $134,750.
- Remy Martin Louis XIII Black Pearl Grande Champagne Cognac – $30,000.
How do you drink V.S.O.P. cognac?
When to drink Cognac?
- neat with a drop of water -> reveals more fruity, floral and spicy aromas.
- neat with two ice cubes -> dilute the cognac and reduce the alcohol percentage.
- As a simple long drink Cognac Rémy Martin VSOP can be consumed with tonic or ginger ale -> brings out notes of fresh fruit.
Is cognac the same as brandy?
That’s brandy and cognac. Every cognac is a brandy, but not all brandy is a cognac. As previously mentioned, brandy is distilled fruit juice, and it can be any kind of fruit juice, while cognac is a specific type of distilled fruit juice with lots of qualifications.