What does it mean to writhe in agony?
to move by twisting and turning, especially when you feel a lot of pain. writhe in pain/agony: He writhed in agony on the ground. Synonyms and related words. Expressing pain.
Does squirmed mean?
Definition of squirm intransitive verb. : to twist about like a worm : fidget.
How do you spell writhe in pain?
Definition of writhe
- 1a : to twist into coils or folds.
- b : to twist so as to distort : wrench.
- c : to twist (the body or a bodily part) in pain.
What Toilsomely means?
: marked by or full of toil or fatigue : laborious a toilsome task.
How do you use writhe in a sentence?
Writhe in a Sentence 🔉
- When the old man had a heart attack, he fell to the floor and began to writhe around on the carpet while holding his chest.
- The kidnapped woman tried to writhe out of her ropes.
- After being hit by the bat, the baseball player could only writhe on the ground and hold his head.
How do you use squirmed in a sentence?
Squirmed sentence example
- He squirmed uncomfortably in his chair.
- Carmen squirmed in her chair.
- Jessi pulled at her arms again and squirmed beneath him.
- She squirmed in her chair.
- She squirmed and he lowered her to the floor.
- In her brief absence I described how Howie squirmed and twisted while sleeping.
Do worms squirm?
Yes, worms can wriggle and squirm through the soil. But it’s still going to be easier for them to travel, and faster, if they are moving around in the more open space on the surface.
How do you spell Writh?
verb (used without object), writhed, writh·ing. to twist the body about, or squirm, as in pain, violent effort, etc. to shrink mentally, as in acute discomfort.
How do you use toilsome in a sentence?
1. I deeply know Mother is so great and toilsome! 2. Housework is usually miscellaneous and toilsome.
Is obstinately a word?
Meaning of obstinately in English. in a way that is unreasonably determined, especially by acting in a particular way and not changing at all, despite what anyone else says: They remained obstinately silent.
How do you spell embarrassment?
This page is a spellcheck for word embarrassment.All Which is Correct spellings and definitions, including “Embarrassment or embarassment” are based on official English dictionaries, which means you can browse our website with confidence!
What is the proper spelling of embarrassing?
embarassing. Incorrect spelling.
How to spell embarrassment?
The artist tatted her arm with the spelling “Devine Feminine,” but the woman claimed that at first, she didn’t even notice the error. Finally, she now has the misspelled album title covered up with a large, colorful ball python tattoo that she is much happier with.
What does the Bible say about embarassment?
“When you make your neighbor a loan of any sort, you shall not enter his house to take his pledge. You shall remain outside, and the man to whom you make the loan shall bring the pledge out to you. He fixed his gaze steadily on him until he was ashamed, and the man of God wept.