What are five interesting facts about food?
Fun Facts about Food
- Dark chocolate.
- As sweet as nectar.
- Raspberries are a member of the rose family.
- Broccoli contains more protein than steak.
- Apples give you more energy than coffee.
- Pecans are rich with antioxidants.
- Pistachios are actually fruits.
- Caesar salad originated from a Mexican city.
What is the most interesting food in the world?
The 50 Weirdest Foods From Around the World
- Rocky Mountain Oysters – United Sates.
- Balut – Philippines.
- Shirako – Japan.
- Cobra Heart – Vietnam.
- Casu Marzu – Italy.
- Shark Fin Soup – China.
- Bushmeat – Africa.
- Dog – Korea, China and Vietnam.
What is the number 1 most popular food in the world?
In a survey of 24 countries, pizza and pasta take the top spot – closely followed by Chinese and Japanese cuisine. An international YouGov study of more than 25,000 people in 24 countries finds that pizza and pasta are among the most popular foods in the world, as Italian cuisine beats all comers.
What are some mind blowing facts about food?
10 food facts that will blow your mind
- During 1800s, it was believed that ketchup has medicinal qualities.
- Chicken contains 266 percent more fat than it did 50 years ago.
- The most stolen food in the world is ‘cheese’.
- Peanuts can be used to make dynamite.
- Chocolate was once used as currency.
What is the most gross food in the world?
10 of the world’s most disgusting foods
- Bull penis. Picture credit: The Disgusting Food Museum.
- Casu Marzu (maggot cheese) Picture credit: The Disgusting Food Museum.
- Century eggs. Picture credit: The Disgusting Food Museum.
- Durian. Picture credit: The Disgusting Food Museum.
- Fruit bats.
- Kale pache.
- Kopi Luwak.
- Mouse wine.
What is the least popular food?
the 10 most hated foods of the nation
- 10 – Marzipan.
- 8 – Olives.
- 7 – Blue cheese.
- 6 – Sushi.
- 5 – Black pudding.
- 4 – Tofu.
- 3 – Anchovies.
- 2 – Liver.