How do I get the recovery key for my Lumia 640?
You can login to your account at Microsoft.com and then click under your profile. It will have a list of your devices. Click on the 640 and then it will come up with additional options which says get recovery key.
How do I reset my Windows Phone 640?
Master reset from settings menu
- Back up data on the internal memory.
- From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left.
- Scroll down to and tap Settings.
- Scroll down to and tap about.
- Scroll down to and tap reset your phone.
- Read the warning about your personal content being erased, then tap yes.
How do I factory reset my Microsoft Lumia?
Reset your phone
- On Start , swipe over to the All apps list, then select Settings .
- Select System > About > Reset your phone.
- You’ll receive two warnings. If you’re absolutely sure you want to restore your phone to its factory settings, select Yes, and then select Yes again.
Can I unlock my phone remotely?
Enable Security Settings: Go to Settings > Google > Security and turn on the ‘Remotely locate this device’ option. This permits the ADM to view your phone’s location. Following this, you will have to activate the “Allow remove lock and erase” option.
What is a reset protection recovery key?
Reset Protection is a free service on account.microsoft.com that provides an extra layer of protection so that if your phone ends up in the wrong hands, it can’t be easily reset or reused. (Reset Protection is available only for some new phones running build 8.10.
How do I turn off reset protection on my Windows phone?
When you set up your phone, sign in with your Microsoft account and accept the recommended settings. If you don’t turn it on during setup, go to Settings > Find my phone,and turn on Reset Protection. To turn off Reset Protection, go to Settings > Find my phone,and turn off Reset Protection.
How do you put a SIM card in a Microsoft phone?
- At the top corner of the phone, put your index fi nger in the seam between the screen frame and the back cover.
- Remove the battery.
- Slide the SIM card into the SIM slot.
- Press the bottom edge of the back cover against the bottom edge of your phone, and snap the cover into place.
How do I restore my Microsoft phone to factory settings?