How do I get my philosophy journal published?
There are a great many ways to publish your ideas and work: blogging, online forums and academic websites, conference papers and proceedings, book reviews, replies to other authors and papers, survey articles, book chapters, handbook chapters, peer-reviewed journal articles.
What books should I read for philosophy?
- The Republic by Plato.
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius.
- Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle.
- The Enneads by Plotinus.
- Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche.
- The Problems of Philosophy by Bertrand Russell.
- The Wisdom of Insecurity by Alan Watts.
- A Treatise of Human Nature by David Hume.
How much does a PhD in philosophy make?
PhD in Philosophy Careers and Salary
|Job Title||Median Salary (2019)*||Job Growth (2019-2029)*|
|Market Research Analysts||$63,790||18%|
|Postsecondary Philosophy Teachers||$75,240||7%|
What can I do after BA philosophy?
True, it seems a Philosophy graduate have options like researching, teaching, writing etc but in reality, a Philosophy graduate can become a lawyer, management consultant, journalist, policy analyst, social worker, government employee, public relations officer etc.
Is a PHD in Philosophy hard?
Yes—the degree is very difficult. However, if this is you passion you should want it to be difficult. The real problems start after you defend your dissertation. There are very few full time jobs (and fewer tenure track ones).
How do I get a PhD in philosophy?
To apply to a Ph. D. in philosophy program, students must typically hold a bachelor’s degree with a major or minor in philosophy and a minimum GPA. Students also usually must submit Graduate Record Examination scores and likely need to send in a writing sample and recommendation letters.
Where should I start my philosophy book?
10 Books For Beginners to Start With
- Plato, The Last Days of Socrates — this includes four dialogues: the Euthyphro , the Apology , the Crito , and the Phaedo.
- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics.
- Epictetus, Discourses, Fragments, Handbook.
- Augustine of Hippo, Confessions.
- Boethius, Consolation of Philosophy.
How do you get a book review published?
How to Publish a Book Review
- Identify a journal in your area of study that publishes book reviews.
- Reach out to the reviews editor.
- Look at other reviews while you are waiting for your book.
- Read the book and write the review.
What careers can you do with philosophy?
Philosophy majors successfully work in, but are not limited to the following occupational fields:
- business professional.
- non-profit work.
- public relations director.
What jobs can philosophy get you?
Jobs where your degree would be useful include:
- Business analyst.
- Civil Service Fast Streamer.
- Health service manager.
- Human resources officer.
- Local government officer.
- Marketing executive.
- Newspaper journalist.