How do I change settings in Windows Live Mail?
Setting Up Windows Live Mail
- Select Accounts and then E-mail.
- Enter your e-mail address and password. Check Manually configure server settings. Click on Next.
- Choose the server type POP and enter the server address pop.mail.com and the port 995 . Check Requires a secure connection.
- Click on Finish.
How do I change my Microsoft email settings?
Update or change your email settings in Outlook for Windows
- Open Outlook and select File.
- Use the dropdown under Account Information to select the account you want to change.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select the type of information you want to change.
- The most common settings you’ll change are Server Settings.
Is Windows Live Mail POP or IMAP?
With Windows Live Mail, you can optionally use IMAP connections for reading incoming mail. Using IMAP (instead of the more widely used “POP3”) allows you to keep your messages on our servers instead of downloading them to your computer.
How do I change my Microsoft account email on my laptop?
- Sign in to your Microsoft account. Note: If you see a screen asking you which account you want to use, it means you have two Microsoft accounts associated with the same email address.
- Select Your info.
- Select Edit name, make your preferred changes, and then select Save.
How do I change my Microsoft settings?
Sign in to Microsoft 365 with your work or school account. Select Settings and customize Themes, Notifications, Password, Contact preferences and Dark Mode. To view your account information, select your profile photo, and then select View account. Make any needed changes to your settings, and then choose Save.
Can I use IMAP with Windows Live Mail?
IMAP is only available to mail.com Premium customers. Select Accounts and thenE-mail. Enter your e-mail address and password. Check Manually configure server settings.
How do I change Windows Live Mail from POP to IMAP?
How to change an account from POP3 to IMAP in Windows Live Mail
- Right-click on your account from the left pane.
- Click Properties.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Change the SMTP, IMAP, or POP ports in this section.
- Navigate to the Servers tab.
- Specify if your Outgoing server needs authentication.
What is the incoming and outgoing mail server for Windows Live Mail?
Choose the server type IMAP and enter the server address imap.mail.com and the port 993 . Check Requires a secure connection. Enter the the server address smtp.mail.com for the outgoing server and port 587 .
How to modify e-mail settings in Windows Live Mail?
So if you’re looking for steps to modify existing e-mail settings; then welcome on board; and let’s continue without talking further. To change your SMTP settings in Windows Live Mail right click your account from the left pane and choose Properties Once you see the properties dialog; go to the advanced tab.
How do I change the default port in Windows Live Mail?
Changing Settings in Windows Live Mail. Once you see the properties dialog; go to the advanced tab. In the advanced tab; you will see the options to change ports; you can modify SMTP and IMAP or POP ports here; you can also specify SSL Settings. This is the main console of changing the settings.
How do I make changes to my email account settings?
Sometimes you need to make a change to your email account settings. If you have a new password, if your email provider has asked you to change settings, or if you’re having problems with sending and receiving email, you can change your email account settings through Mail in the Windows Control Panel, or from Outlook.
How do I troubleshoot my mail server settings?
On the Account Settings window, select the account you’re trying to troubleshoot and select Change. On the Change Account window, check the Incoming mail server and Outgoing mail server settings against those from your email provider or the reference article.