Stef Wertheimer 

Stef Wertheimer is an Israeli-born billionaire, with an estimated net worth of $4.4 billion. He made most of his wealth from a factory that specialized in cutting small metal known as ISCAR which he started in his home backyard in 1952. The company became a success and easily attracted major investors such as Discount Investors who ultimately became its marginal share holder.

The year 2006 was the year when Wertheimer’s company drew international attention for the first time. This is when it became the first major international target of Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway. This happened when Wertheimer sold 80% of ISCAR to Buffett leaving for himself a stake of only 20%.

The company is currently run by his son Eitan. By sales, ISCAR is one of the biggest producers of Carbide industrial cutting tools used worldwide. They are also known for making world-renowned cars like Ford and General Motors. 

With a significant number of branches in at least 50 countries worldwide, the company has employed nearly 6,000 people. In 2012, however, the company got hit by the economic condition but survived all through. Wertheimer is a philanthropist like many other billionaires, donating more than $100 million to causes that promote lasting peace between Palestine and Israel territories.

Press Like If You Learnt Something New : )

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton

The material in this site is purely for educational purposes only. In creating this side we have sourced info from many sites and would like to give credit to where it is due.We do not intend to infringe any website's copyrighted material and we use the information for educational purposes and use information that are public in nature and hopefully protected by freedom of information laws. Also, when I created this website years ago, I took many pictures from the internet that may infringe your copyright. I will be slowly taking all these down and if the picture that belongs to you or your company is still there, please drop me an email and I will remove the pictures. If you found that any article in this website infringe your rights please let us know and we will take it down. Thanks.


References:

Forbes (The ultimate site for billionaire rankings)

CelebrityNetWorth (The ultimate site for net worth of celebrities)

TheRichest (Great site for things about money and rich people)

Wikipedia (Greatest site on earth for lots of information)