Peter Unger
Billionaire German Entrepreuner

The German entrepreneur Peter Unger has an estimated net worth of $1.4 billion. He is the founder of Auto-Teile-Unger, the auto parts and repair outfit. He founded this company in 1985. ATU is now a reputed chain of stores in Germany which sells vehicle accessories, auto parts and tires. ATU operates in several countries including Austria, Czech Republic & Germany. It has more than 600 stores under its umbrella and employs close to 12000 staff. 

ATU chain of stores is very popular in Germany and locally it is known as Unger Tires. However, in 2002 Peter sold 80% of the company to Doughty Hanson & Co, a British investor group. The deal was reported to be worth $800 million. Two years later Kohlberg Kravis Roberts purchased the entire company including the remaining 20% stake of Unger. For this Peter received an estimated $360 million. 

Peter Unger, according to Forbes, is the 55th richest person in Germany and ranked #1031 in the world. Today the ATU stores are mainly found in Germany and Czech Republic and there are now around 400 stores. Peter has retired and lives in Weiden with his wife. He has 2 children. There are reports that Unger is now thinking of investing in startups. 

Press Like If You Learnt Something New : )

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton

The material in this site is purely for educational purposes only. In creating this side we have sourced info from many sites and would like to give credit to where it is due.We do not intend to infringe any website's copyrighted material and we use the information for educational purposes and use information that are public in nature and hopefully protected by freedom of information laws. Also, when I created this website years ago, I took many pictures from the internet that may infringe your copyright. I will be slowly taking all these down and if the picture that belongs to you or your company is still there, please drop me an email and I will remove the pictures. If you found that any article in this website infringe your rights please let us know and we will take it down. Thanks.


References:

Forbes (The ultimate site for billionaire rankings)

CelebrityNetWorth (The ultimate site for net worth of celebrities)

TheRichest (Great site for things about money and rich people)

Wikipedia (Greatest site on earth for lots of information)