Paul Ramsay is an Australian entrepreneur, philanthropist and a self-made billionaire. According to Forbes, he is the 10th richest person in Australia and the 589th richest person in the world with an estimated net worth of $2.5 billion.
Net Worth: $2.5 billion
Source: Hospitals, Self-Made
Born: 1936 (Age 77)
Marital Status: Single
Ramsay was born in 1936 in New South Wales, Australia. He is the founder and Chairman of Paul Ramsay Group of companies. He is also the Chairman and major shareholder of Ramsay HealthCare Limited, the company which he developed into the largest operator of private hospitals in Australia with expansive operations overseas.
Ramsay is ranked among the wealthiest Australians with his net worth of $2.5 billion. In Australia, he is ranked as the 10th richest person in 2013. He is also ranked as the 589th richest person in the world. In 2012, he was ranked as the 9th richest person in Australia and the 764th richest person in the world.
In 1964, Ramsay founded a private psychiatric hospital in Sydney, which was the first of its kind in the country. The facility progressed into Ramsay Health Care, a privately-owned hospital company with Ramsay as its chairman. Ramsay has developed Ramsay Health Care into the largest Australian privately-owned hospital with expansive operations in the country (Australia) and overseas. Today, the hospital comprises of 117 hospitals in Australia and Europe.
In 1983, Ramsay purchased a stake in the Prime Media Group and he has been serving as Chairman of the Board for quite some time. Ramsay then formed the Paul Ramsay Group, a privately-owned investment company with interests in Healthcare, Hospitality, Property Development, Media and Agribusiness
Honors and Appointments
- In 2002, Ramsay was bestowed the honor of Officer of the Order of Australia for his services to the community through the creation of private health care facilities, developing regional television services and as a supporter of a wide range of education, artistic, cultural and sporting organization.
- In June 2002, he was on the Queen’s Birthday Gift List.
- In 2009, Ramsay was appointed Chairman of Sydney Football Club.
- Ramsay was also appointed to sit on the Board of Directors of Adstream.
- He was also appointed to sit on the Board of Directors of the Australian Science Media Centre.
- Ramsay was also appointed to serve on the Board of the George Gregan Foundation.
- He was also appointed to serve on the Board of the Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation.
At 77 years of age, Ramsay is very single. Ramsay is also a devoted philanthropist and in 2011, he made a donation of A$300,000 to the Kevin Spacey Foundation. The Kevin Spacey Foundation is a foundation that supports young writers, actors, producers and directors.
Interesting Facts about Ramsay
- He is a university drop-out. He dropped out from the Sydney University.
- He was born in the same year (1936) as Pope Francis (The 266th Pope of the Catholic Church) and John McCain (Arizona Senator and Republican Presidential candidate).
Return from Paul Ramsay to Richest People In Australia
Press Like If You Learnt Something New : )
"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton
The material in this site is purely for educational purposes only. In creating this side we have sourced info from many sites and would like to give credit to where it is due.We do not intend to infringe any website's copyrighted material and we use the information for educational purposes and use information that are public in nature and hopefully protected by freedom of information laws. Also, when I created this website years ago, I took many pictures from the internet that may infringe your copyright. I will be slowly taking all these down and if the picture that belongs to you or your company is still there, please drop me an email and I will remove the pictures. If you found that any article in this website infringe your rights please let us know and we will take it down. Thanks.
Forbes (The ultimate site for billionaire rankings)
CelebrityNetWorth (The ultimate site for net worth of celebrities)
TheRichest (Great site for things about money and rich people)
Wikipedia (Greatest site on earth for lots of information)