25 Facts About Mark Zuckerberg
That Will Surprise You
If there could be anyone that could eclipse Bill Gates’s milestones or even come close to it, it is Mark Zuckerberg. The man became a billionaire aged 23 and has been building his empire around the social networking giant Facebook. There has even been a motion picture The Social Network loosely based on the whiz kid. The movie performed exceptionally well in the box office and critics were also impressed with the movie. In order to commemorate the brilliant Mark Zuckerberg, we have compiled a list of 25 facts about Mark Zuckerberg that’ll surprise you.
- Mark Zuckerberg is of Bulgarian descent. It is believed that his maternal grandfather shifted base from Bulgaria in the 1940s.
- Both of his parents worked to make ends meet. His father served as a dentist while his mother shared her expertise in the field of psychology as a psychiatrist.
- The child prodigy was already making his parents’ lives easier when he built a product through which his family members could send messages to each other in the house.
- Of course, major software powerhouses wanted to get Mark under their wings. Among those were AOL and Microsoft. They were impressed by his work of Synapse, which was a program that could learn the music listeners’ tastes.
- The man is known to be fluent in French, Hebrew, Latin, Greek and Mandarin.
- He learned Mandarin in order to impress his woman, Priscilla Chan, who bears Chinese roots.
- He attended the prestigious Harvard and his years in the college were fruitful. During his time, he developed a website titled Facemash which got people voting on other people’s attractive levels.
- There’s a reason why Facebook is dominated by the colour Blue. It is because Mark is red-green colour blind.
- During the early days of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg distributed cards which had the words “I’m CEO, B****” inscribed on them.
- Mark met his future wife, Priscilla Chan in a party while waiting in line for the bog.
- For a billionaire with riches beyond one’s belief, Mark didn’t splurge heavily on a wedding ring for his wife. The ruby studded diamond ring was worth only $25,000.
- He is known to be vegan. He has said he only plans on eating the meat of the animal he kills.
- It is ironic that the founder of Facebook, the direct rivals of Google+, has more followers on Google + than the Google+ founders, Larry Page and Serge Brin.
- He bears many nicknames. People near and dear to him call him Zuck whereas his mother calls him Princely.
- The man is known to hold 50 patents in his name.
- As depicted in the movie, the social network, Mark had to face several legal battles following the Facebook’s inception. The Winklevoss brothers reportedly agreed to a settlement of $65 million after they accused Mark of stealing their ideas.
- The man is notorious for setting self improvement goals. In 2009, he wore a tie to his workplace every day. He learned Mandarin the next year. In 2011, he made a pledge to only eat animals he killed himself. The man decided to code everyday in 2012. The following year, he set a goal to meet a new person outside of Facebook every day. In the year 2014, he decided it was time to answer at least one fan mail every day.
- He has pledged to donate at least half of his fortune to charity by signing The Giving Pledge. Since its inception, more than 100 billionaires have signed the pledge.
- As a kid, he was very keen on playing pranks and practical jokes. In 1999, during New Year’s Eve, he decided to shut the power of his house down at midnight to scare his parents about the Y2K bug coming true.
- As of Aug 31st , 2014, Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth stands at $33 billion.
- Mark is notorious for not caring about his appearances. Regularly clad in hoodies, Mark’s outfit even has mock Twitter accounts.
- Although he has many followers in Twitter, he has made only 19 tweets so far.
- It is known that he doesn’t have a television set in his house.
- No one can block him on Facebook.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s profile appears when @[4:0] is typed in a Facebook comment window.
Press Like If You Learnt Something New : )
"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton
The material in this site is purely for educational purposes only. In creating this side we have sourced info from many sites and would like to give credit to where it is due.We do not intend to infringe any website's copyrighted material and we use the information for educational purposes and use information that are public in nature and hopefully protected by freedom of information laws. Also, when I created this website years ago, I took many pictures from the internet that may infringe your copyright. I will be slowly taking all these down and if the picture that belongs to you or your company is still there, please drop me an email and I will remove the pictures. If you found that any article in this website infringe your rights please let us know and we will take it down. Thanks.
Forbes (The ultimate site for billionaire rankings)
CelebrityNetWorth (The ultimate site for net worth of celebrities)
TheRichest (Great site for things about money and rich people)
Wikipedia (Greatest site on earth for lots of information)